Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Twist on ModKids & DWK collaboration!

I recently made a dress for a customer using Patty Young's Modkid Frida pattern. The customer wanted it to be a bit more grown up looking so I changed a few things and really like the outcome! She wanted me to use the same Tillbrook fabric that I had used on my own dds Frida dress, which I just love!
The changes I made were to eliminate the sleeves and pockets completely, and then I added a sash that is sewn to the dress in the front and then ties around the back. What do you think of the results? I really like this pattern!

Front:
Photobucket

Back:
Photobucket

Also, I wanted to post pics of a recent collaboration I did with Andrea of Dwell Wool Knits on the Universal Mama hyenacart congo. I cannot tell you how much I wish this set was mine! I love that yarn colorway (Mosaic Moon winter pear) and adore anything with birdies! This round neck top is from an Ottobre pattern.

DWK winter pear collaboration

DWK winter pear collaboration 2

No comments: